Join the Pritchett Team as a Diesel Technician or Trailer Mechanic!
Pritchett Trucking Inc. has both full-time and part-time openings for experienced diesel mechanics and semi-trailer mechanics. Get started with Pritchett today, and put your years of experience towards maintaining our fleet of over 300 trucks.
Diesel Technician Job Duties:
- Perform repairs & preventative maintenance on trucks & trailers
- Assemble/disassemble and/or repair engines, transmissions, steering, and suspension
- Brake inspections & repairs/diagnoses
- Repair of HVAC & charging/starting system
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Inspect and Replace Brake components, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment
- Raise trucks or equipment using hydraulic jacks and Safety Stands
- Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as laptop computers, code readers, guided diagnostics.
- May drive forklift or other powered industrial truck
- May lift a tire and a rim onto mounting mechanism to mount tire onto rim
Trailer Technician/Welder Job Duties:
- Trouble shoot and diagnose defects noted by the driver including Tarp System malfunctions, walking floor malfunctions, and dump trailer hydraulic malfunctions
- Installs new parts such as, but not limited to: Cross members, panels, posts, rails, door equipment, flooring, lights, wiring, brakes, valves, airlines, wheel end components, landing gear, frame assembly, and other parts
- Repairs wreck damage by welding, pulling, straightening, riveting, and aligning multiple structural parts
- Examines all system parts looking for damage, excessive wear, loose bolts, broken welds, structural deficiencies, air leaks, oils leaks, stuck, frozen, or rusted parts, as well as safety devices on all types of trailers
- Lubricates moving parts and performs air system and lighting system tests to include ABS system function while insuring the trailer meets OEM, Federal annual inspection, and brake system criteria guidelines and industry conformance to specifications
- Fabricates various attachments, supports, reinforcement, gussets, etc. according to general designs, blueprints or schematic drawings
Pritchett Trucking is ready to hear from you! Call to speak with a recruiter, or fill out our short form and apply today!